DeFi discussions – Summit Virtual del 1 al 4 de mayo
- Este evento ha pasado.
MPORTANT: Make sure to log in via crowdcast (via the top right) so that you’ll be able to attend “DeFi Discussions.” Due to bandwidth issues, we really do have limited spots and will have to cut off registration once we hit our cap. So don’t wait till the last second to save your seat.
This is Hsin-Ju, founder of Dystopia Labs.
Want to give y’all a strong reason to attend our upcoming DeFi Discussions Conf on May 1st – 4th. With the BTC halving slated to happen in ~28 days, there’s never been a more important time to know what’s happening in the Bitcoin ecosystem (tech/ mining/ adoption).
- Quick Edu:
Bitcoin was created as a deflationary currency with a predictable monetary supply. It has a mechanism called “halving” that’ll happen after every 210,000 blocks are mined (~ every 4 years; the next halving is in roughly ~28 days). During the halving, the amount of new bitcoins issued every 10 minutes drops from 12.5 to 6.25. This means the supply of BTC will be lower. It will also be harder to mine BTC.
- Why You Should Care:
With COVID-19, BTC miner manufacturers & mining pools have been significantly impacted due to global lockdown. We are also entering a new market (with a lot of brrrr – printed money). Whether you’re a Bitcoin maximalist or not, you should care about what’s happening in the BTC ecosystem because it’ll have a downstream effect on the rest of the blockchain space.
The BTC Speaker Lineup Is Lit:
- Sebastian Sonntag, CEO of Local Bitcoins
- James Prestwich, Founder of Summa; BTC Dev
- Chun Wang, Founder of f2pool (one of the biggest BTC mining pools)
- Alejandro Machado, Co-Founder of the Open Money Initiative
- Muneeb Ali, CEO & Founder of Blockstack
- Nick Neuman, CEO of CASA
- and more. Check out the full speaker lineup here.
As DeFi Discussions is a technical summit, we do NOT allow “moon talk” or “shilling” from the speakers or the audience; price discussions will not be allowed. The goal here is still to have attendees walk away from every session with info that’ll enable them to build better products. Like last time, the event is 100% free & virtual so you’ll you’ll be able to tune in from anywhere in the world to learn. Don’t take this for granted and wait till the last second to sign up.
- We will be releasing the Day 1 Agenda for the virtual summit tomorrow. Make sure to sign up ASAP in order to get access to it (so you’ll know who will be speaking and when)!
See you all in ~ 2weeks!
Sessions Topics Include:
- Build Your Own Liquidity Trading Bot On DYDX (Technical)
- A Basic Framework For Doing A DeFi Audit (Technical)
- Under The Hood Of Data / Market Simulation Tools (Technical)
- How To Not Blow Up DeFi: Historical Mistakes From Traditional Finance (Seminar)
- and more!
Check out the full speaker list & agenda here.We’ll be updating the website every few days, so please make sure to check it out.
Last but not least,“DeFi Discussions”is brought to you by Hsin-Ju Chuang(CEO of Dystopia Labs) & Ric Burton (Independent Designer who helped Stripe & Ethereum) & David Gogal.